Monday 8 November 2010

Government Sanctioned Slavery

First off, if your not in the UK, you will have no idea what im on about, so here is a handy link for you to read :)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11706545

That's right lady's and gentleman, the British Government have decided that if your unemployed, you will have to do unpaid work for 4 weeks, just to get your Job Seekers Allowance (aka Dole), working 9am to 5pm, 5 days a week for about £2 a hour, litter picking, cleaning graffiti and gardening... THAT'S SOMETHING CRIMINALS SHOULD FUCKING DO!!!
Yes faithful readers, your intrepid blogger here will have to do this one day if the white paper passes, I'm not work shy, I want a job, and making me work 9to5 every day for £65 a week isn't going to help me, its just going to piss me, and 90% of others in my position off, big time.

There must be a point where they notice there isn't enough jobs to go around or that agency's are conning people into signing up for them with the promise of a job when there isn't one to advertise for (it happened to me recently, see the Job? JOB!! post). Many many unemployed people are getting frustrated, myself included, but no one is helping, just making things worse with schemes like this one or A4e's Work Boost programme, working for your dole is just wrong, wrong because its taking advantage of people who have most likely applied for the position there filling temporarily, for free!
One example, I have applied for all the major supermarkets in Hartlepool, and knocked back from all of them (don't know why), one option open to me when I was up for a work boost was... Tesco, one of the supermarkets I applied for, so if I did go to Tesco (I didn't), I would have been doing a job, that I applied for, for free, the other 3 are in on this act too, Asda (Wal-Mart), Morrisons and Sainsburys, 3 I applied to, all taking on unemployed for temporary work with NO job at the end of it - and they get away with it!

This is one thing that really gets to me, ladled as 'Work Shy', 'Slacker', 'Drain on the Country' and many other things, and that's just because I have a iPhone (not originally paid for by me), Wii (which was a gift), xbox360 (got very cheep from a friend) and a Playstation 3 (bought on credit).

Not impressed, not impressed at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment