Sunday 14 November 2010

Currys/PCWorld Tech Guys [Website]

I'm normally the first one to defend the internet when something bad happens, but I'm also the first to facepalm when something goes wrong, this... This I don't know what it is, a facepalm or dumb luck.

First, a tiny bit of background. Our washing machine basically blew up on Friday night, like, literately going to set on fire if I didn't pull it out and pull the plug - Fast! So my mum and aunt went and ordered a new one from Currys.

With the delivery, you can check online after 9pm the day before delivery, it was upto me to do this important thing, checked at 9.30pm and...... aspx runtime error, fun... checked at 10.30pm and... aspx runtime error, meh... okey, i'll wait till 12.30am ish... aspx runtime error, FFS! Right, one more go at 1.30am.. it works, yey! Your estimated delivery window is between 4.30pm and 8.30pm Sunday 14th November 2010.

Turn the page to 11am Sunday morning and guess what turns up, the new washing machine, my aunt said to the guy it was a pleasant surprise (it really was) and we weren't expecting them till after 4pm, the guy actually said to us that he didn't have that info and was doing our delivery because it was the closest, bonus!

So this begs the question, why show estimated delivery times on the website when the delivery team themselves don't actually get this info? I'm not complaining about the delivery itself, it was very efficient and the guys where friendly, I'm 'complaining' about the website and the back-end staff - Share info guys, your delivery team and customers will like you better for it.

I'll shut up now, gotta go plumb the thing in =P

No comments:

Post a Comment