Friday 2 September 2011

Tales of Cleaning BigBertha

For some reason, I always put off cleaning the computer. Its lazyness, having to take it downstairs, cleaning off the table, its annoying.

Well, today, I cleaned the computer, with some compressed air to give it a good deep clean and on my was it dusty! The majority of it came from the massive case fan and under the hard drive mount thingy.

There was also a part missing - I have never been able to get the cover for the motherboard on, but I managed it today, so there's one hole covered, just got to cover the unused PCIe slots. I'm a bit pissed too, there is no room for proper cable management, luckily all the cables where out the way of anything that needs air flow, mebbies I should have spend a little extra with the PSU and got a moulder one, oh well lol.

Of course you need at least one screw up when doing something like this, I wired the case fan wrong, well, not wrong exactly, I just forgot to connect it to the PSU, one good thing came out of it though, there is another set of LEDs on the case, a symbol on the front, looks like /\+, I'm guessing its the brand of the case, its never been on before, but it is now, nifty lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment