Monday 20 September 2010

No, I will not fix your computer

Or: Okey, I'll fix your computer

Whenever there is a computer related problem in my family or with my friends, I'm usually the first port of call, mainly because I can fix most problems they have, through braking my own computers over the years, and because I'm cheap (read: Free).

This in itself is not a problem, if I could fix them problems over the phone, but its hard to tell someone who hardly uses a computer to "Go to the Control Panel", "Start -> Control Panel", "Okey, now click <whatever needs fixing>", "What does it say?" and so on.

There are 2 nemesis when it comes to computing in my family, my Sister, who wont run Anti-Virus or Firewall and will download anything. And my cousin who's computer is the slowest pile of shit I have ever used. Its not the computers fault however, its the music he downloads, gigs and gigs of it for his work.

Its harder to rant about this then I though, I really love working with computers and being in tech support (internal, not customers) would be a very nice job.

Ah well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment