Monday 11 June 2012

Things I'll miss from the iPhone. And some I wont

So, my S3 is on its way, finally, and I thought I would write a little post about things I'll miss from the iPhone 4 I have been stuck with for the past 2 years, and a few things I wont miss at all.

So, without further ado, here is my list of things I'll miss and wont miss from owning an iPhone:

Things I'll Miss:
The User Interface - Its clean, its sleek, everything I want is there.
Top Lock Button - Wont miss it too much, just so used to pressing the top to lock the phone, I'll have to get used to pressing the side.
The Shape - Its nice and square, just feels right, more so with the bumper than without.
Retina Display - Probably Apple's only innovation with the iPhone, aside iOS, its a nice screen, very responsive.
App Selection - Double edge sword this one, the App Store has a load of apps, and a lot more dev's support iOS over Android.

Things I Wont Miss:
The Walled Garden - I'll finally be able to do whatever I want with MY phone, and not have apple dictate it. (I never jailbroke the phone, I like updates and new features without faffing about to much)
iTunes - What a pile of garbage, never closes when you want it to, even after numerous un-installs, have to close it via task manager. Sick of it never picking up the library after a computer format, so have to mess about getting it working right. Seriously wont miss iTunes. (Thought, I heard the Samsung Kies Software can be a bit iffy)
Messing about with Ringtones - Will finally be able to just set a ringtone, and not have to convert it to Apple's format, mess about getting it on the phone and messing about to set it.
The Mail Client - Sod Junk Mail! Have the mail client setup to my Syphernet Account, and even though the account detects and dumps junkmail in both Thunderbird and the Server, the iOS mail client likes to deliver it like its normal mail, fracking annoying.
One Choice of Browser - I've always hated safari, no choice but to use it in iOS, roll on Firefox for Android, or the Dolphin Browser I've heard alot about.
Auto-Correct - It never remembers the words you use the most, and doesn't accept things like BBC, changes it to NBC. And you cant add words to it, annoying.
Apple - Screw Apple =)

So, yeah, a little list, cant wait to have the S3 in my hand

No comments:

Post a Comment