Friday 3 June 2011

Bloody Job Centre (Updated 08/06)

Yeah, so, I signed on today - It didn't go well.

First Thing - She called me Tony - NEVER call me Tony. From that 1 thing, I could tell it wasn't going to end well

Second thing - They changed my signing time from 3:40pm to 9:30am because there are too many people signing at that time.... The place was empty when I was there, and when it is usually packed, hardly anyone is there to sign.

Third Thing - She had a go at me for not putting names down of people I speak to when asking around if there are any jobs, she didn't seem to get the fact that I very much doubt the person I spoke to would remember a random person asking if they have any jobs.

Fourth Thing - For the first time ever they decided to do a job search, normally they have to tilt the screen so you can see it, but she didn't, so I had to move, good job I did, when she was filling in the search criteria, she selected Part-Time and Temporary, so I told her I cant do that because I would be worse off each week - She didn't like this one bit and decided to have a go at me for it.

Fifth Thing - She referred me over to a supervisor type person for 4:30pm, yeah, I had to wait around in town for 45 minutes

So that's how it started, when I saw the supervisor, he noticed a few things:
Firstly my agreement was 2 years old - My advisor should have done a new one of these with me on the first appointment with her. Secondly, I hadn't had a 'Better-Off Calculation' done, which would have prevented this whole thing - Basicly, he said I had been let down by everyone - He actually said that.

So, I had to fill in the standard form, basicly copied my diary which even he said was enough, but then we did what they call a 'Disputed Jobsearch Agreement' its 2 agreements, one that I dictate and one that the Job Centre create, these both go to someone higher up who makes a decision on what should be there, a compromise.

There is a side effect to the disputed agreement, the job centre cant tell me what to do, they can't complain if I haven't done any job search because there is no Agreement in place, I have 3 weeks or so breathing space, which I fully intend to exploit for experimental purpose.

Hopefully I will be paid on Wednesday, I have a bet on with the supervisor I spoke to for a bottle of Mountain Dew - I say I wont be paid (on either Wednesday or Thursday, since they wont see anything till Monday), he says there shouldn't be any problems and it should go through as normal or a day late.

Update (08/06): I was paid as normal - There's a shock

No comments:

Post a Comment