Monday 9 May 2011

Shitty Course Part 2 of 2

This post isn't going to be as a long winded rant as I though it was going to be, because, well, the course wasn't as bad as I though it was going to be - And that's saying something... So, I'm basically going to go back through the steps in the 1st part of this 2 part epic and might add a little to the end.

Step 1 - Power Point Presentation
There wasn't one, no power point was to be seen. There was a flip chart, but that was mostly used to illustrate things, nothing like I expected in that regard

Step 1.5 - Health and Safety
It was done because it had to be, took all of 5 minutes

Step 2 - CV
We where offered an hour tomorrow to create a new CV, completely optional. But we did go through what makes a good CV - And you know what, this advice was GOOD advice, I am actually going to put some of it into action for my CV

Step 3 - Application Forms
We did go through application forms, but we didn't fill one in (though we could have if we wanted while listening) and again, some good tips. Most other courses say something along the lines of "The sooner you get it back, the sooner you may get the job", but there advice was along the lines of "Take your time, if you have 2 weeks, take a week or just over, don't rush it, you want to make a better impression and taking your time can help that" - That's good, that's some bloody good advice.

Step 4 - Team Building
We sort of did this, but it was to explain first impressions and was 1 10minute exercise - No Complaints.

Step 5 - Job Search
Did none, there wasn't the facilities to do it

Other Step - Interview Technique
The guy taking the 'class' went through tips for interviews, not just one to one interviews, all types of interview and most of it I will take into any interview I have.

So that was the course I was on, it really wasn't as bad as the others I have been on, they condensed 2 weeks into 1 day and I came out more knowledgeable than I did on any other course - In fact, I am going to name the course provider, if they ever find this and read it, I hope they take the previous post as a First Impression and this post as a Well Deserved Complement. Its an Australian company called Pertemps, I have no complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment