Sunday 17 October 2010

Charity (or, One Stupid Idea)

Confession time, I've never really done anything for charity short of a couple of quid here and there, in fact most of the time I'm thinking "what's in it for me" - Not the best thing to think I know, but, its true.

But, after watching Pat the NES Punk doing a 24 hour marathon of NES games for Child's Play, it got me thinking. I could do that, I could play games for 24 hours and hell, I would do it for a good cause.

Then, after a sleep, I had a chance to think some more about it, and it hit me, like a ton of bricks - I could play City of Heroes for 24 hours, I have done it before back in 2006 on the very first Double XP weekend when I did the Shadow Shard Marathon with 6 other Crazy Heroes (and 1 or 2 others to make up the numbers). But the cogs didn't stop, I got thinking more, what about all the Task Forces in City of Heroes in 24 hours, its possible, ohh but that's not all, I got thinking even more - What if I did all the Task Forces and all the Strike Forces, and the co-op ones, in fact, what about every single Task Force and Strike Force that gives a badge - Thats 24 (25 if you include Old Positron) in total.

Now I know what your thinking, "But that's impossible! You couldn't do 24 Task Forces in 24 hours you crazy Beaver!" and you know what, you are so right, it is impossible, in 24 hours. But its not in 36 to 48 hours.

So this is my challenge, to run all 24(25) Task Forces/Strike Forces in City of Heroes and stream it live online for charity. Call it, making up for lost time and donations.

I must be crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment