Tuesday 10 January 2012

Going Legal

I have a confession to make - Ever since Windows 7 was released in 2009, I have been using a downloaded copy of Ultimate and a bootloader to by-pass the activation. Illegal I know, but I couldn't afford a legal copy. That is, until last week.

On Friday, I ordered a legal copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, and it arrived today, a day early, which is nice. If you have been following my Twitter, you will have seen that I have basically been destroying ALL data on the hard drive using software called 'Dban' which basically takes your hard drive back to its factory settings (and as I am writing this post, it will take over 5 hours to finish). The reason for doing it this way, is I want all traces of the dodgy copy of Windows 7 gone and its bootloader.

So yeah, I have been a very naughty boy, but that's changed now, its legal Windows from here on in. There will be no difference between the 2, except the legal copy might be slightly more secure and easier to get some updates for.

And if your wondering, it cost £240, admittedly from a catalogue, so I'm paying monthly, but its only £10 more than most other legal places to get it.

mmm legal

No comments:

Post a Comment